The instructions below are destined to be used for Dell Chromebox models launched in 2014 that require a system refresh.
In case your Dell Chromebox device runs worse than before, this might be because of some extensions. We recommend disabling all installed extensions one by one, and see if that improves the performance. Also, note that in case you have one or more extensions that are performing the same tasks, then that might be the source of your problems.
Before starting the flashing process you need to backup all the important data files. You can move all the important files to your Google Drive cloud storage, or you can choose to use an external storage device.
How to Factory Reset Dell Chromebox 2014
1st METHOD: Powerwash Chromebox using Shortcut keys
- Log out of your Chrome OS profile.
- Press and hold at the same time CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + R.
- Click the RESTART option.
- A new box that loads will tell you to Powerwash the device.
- Click Continue to confirm the process.
Now your computer will take care of the rest and remove all the data in order to refresh its entire system. Also, note that after the factory reset is done you need to use your main Google account to login, as the first account you use will become the Owner account.
If you can’t apply the powerwash using the method above, then you should be checking the other one below.
2nd METHOD: Factory Reset device using Settings menu
- Log in to your device.
- Click your profile photo located on the taskbar.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Scroll down until your reach and open Advanced settings section.
- Scroll down until “Reset Settings” section is listed.
- Click Powerwash.
- Click Restart.
- Click Powerwash again.
- Click Continue to confirm the factory reset.
Now the Dell Chromebox device will take care of the rest of the process by itself. If you need more help completing this guide, then you should tell us in comments.