In case your computer runs worse then it did when you bought it, then you might want to try and factory reset it to its original settings.
In case you don’t want to factory reset the device and you wish to improve the overall performance of your Chromebox, then you will have to disable all the installed extensions one-by-one, as these are known to develop bugs from time to time.
Also, make sure to check that you don’t have similar extensions installed, as these might attempt to perform the same tasks as one another, and this might be issue that it’s making your device run worse than it did before.
Before starting the powerwash process you need to backup all the important data files. You can move all files to your Google Drive account, or you can choose to move them to an external storage device.
How to Factory Reset Acer Chromebox CXI 2015 Models:
METHOD 1: Powerwash Chromebox using Shortcut keys
- Sign out of your Chromebox account.
- Press and hold the CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + R.
- Click the Restart button on the menu that loads on your screen.
- A new screen will load, click Powerwash, then click Continue.
Confirm the factory reset process and your device will take care of the rest of the process.
METHOD 2: Factory Reset from Settings interface
- Log into your Chromebook account.
- Click the account profile photo.
- Click the Settings gear icon.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click the Advanced options menu.
- Find the “reset settings” menu.
- Click on “Powerwash” and then click Restart.
- A new menu loads, click again “Powerwash” and then click Continue.
- Confirm the process and wait for it to be completed.
These were the steps you had to follow in order to finish the factory reset for your Chromebox CXI 2015 model. In case you require any extra help you can tell us in comments and we will try to come up with solutions for you.