The Samsung Chromebook 3 was launched several years ago, and in case you bought one and now you’re looking to factory reset it, but you don’t know how to do it, then you have to check the guidelines below.
The instructions below will teach you how to manually delete all data from your Samsung Chromebook 3 storage and restore it to factory settings.
If your Samsung Chromebook 3 device has started to lag or run slowly, then the ‘factory reset’ process is highly recommended.
If the performance of your Samsung Chromebook 3 has started to drop that might be because of some Chrome extensions you might have installed. Try and disable all extensions one by one and see if the performance of your Chromebook 3 is restored.
Make sure to create backups for all the important data files before starting the powerwash process. No locally stored files will survive the factory reset, so you need to either move them to an external HDD or you can choose to upload them all to your cloud storage account.
How to Factory Reset Samsung Chromebook 3:
METHOD 1: Powerwash Chromebook 3 using Shortcut Keys
- Log out of your Chromebook device.
- Press and hold CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + R.
- Click the RESTART option.
- A new box will load, click Powerwash. After that click Continue.
– the factory reset process will be triggered.
After the reboot you will be asked to sign-in to your Google Account. Note that the account you’re entering now will become the OWNER profile. If you cannot complete the factory reset, then you can try once again or you can try the second method below.
METHOD 2: Factory Reset Samsung Chromebook 3 using Settings Menu
- Unlock your device using your Owner (main) Account credentials.
- Click the Account pic shown on the taskbar.
- Click the Settings gear icon.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Advanced.
- Find Powerwash section, click Powerwash and then RESTART.
- A new screen will appear, click Powerwash again, then click Continue to confirm factory reset.
The Samsung Chromebook 3 will start the powerwash process and when that finishes all your data will be deleted. If you can’t complete the tutorial, then you can tell us in comments and we will try to come up with solutions for you.