Check the info in order to learn how to manually factory reset, aka powerwash, the Dell Inspiron 14 Convertible laptop.
All the instructions below should be applied by advanced users, but these can still be managed by newer Chrome OS users, too. However, you should still create backups before starting the factory reset.
There are multiple reasons for you to wish to factory reset your Dell Inspiron 14 Convertible running Chrome OS such as Chrome extensions that went bad and corrupted the system files, critical errors showing up randomly, slow system boot, and so on.
Also, in case you wish to sell the Dell Chromebook Inspiron 14 device, then the powerwash process is a must, a you wouldn’t want your files to be accessed by other persons.
Before factory resetting your device you should try and disable all installed extensions one by one and see if that improves the performance of your Chromebook device.
How to Factory Reset Dell Inspiron 14 Convertible Chromebook:
METHOD 1: Powerwash using Shortcut Keys
- Log out of your Chromebook account.
- Now, press and hold CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + R
- Click Restart option.
- A new box will appear, click Powerwash.
- Confirm the process by clicking Continue.
- Follow all the steps shown by the Chromebook to complete this process.
Note: the new account you type in will become the owner profile.
METHOD 2: Powerwash from the Settings menu:
- Log into your Chrome OS account.
- Click the account picture located on the taskbar.
- Click the Settings gear icon.
- Scroll down until you find the ADVANCED section in Settings.
- Find “Powerwash” next, click on POWERWASH. Next click Restart.
- A new box will load, you have to click the “powerwash” option. Confirm process by clicking Continue.
These were the steps you had to take in order to factory reset your device and restore it to factory settings.