The CTL Chromebox CBX1 has been launched in Summer 2018, and there are tons of users who are already looking to learn how to factory reset it. Check the post below in order to learn how to factory reset your Chromebox device.
In case your Chromebox device performance has slowed down, or it has started to show errors when running the Chrome browser, then you might want to powerwash it. Note that by powerwashing the device you will get rid of all data stored on the current profile.
In case you don’t want to remove all the data, then we strongly advise you start taking a look at your installed Chrome extensions. Make sure to disable each extension one by one until you find the one that makes your Chromebox run slowly. After the culprit is found and removed you can restore the other extensions and enjoy using the computer once again.
Note that in case removing extensions doesn’t improve your Chromebox performance, then you will have to wipe all data from your device. Read the info below and learn how to manually factory reset your device.
##How to Factory Reset CTL Chromebox CBX1
METHOD 1: Powerwash using Shortcut Keys
- Log our of your Chromebook profile.
- Now press and hold CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + R at the same time.
- A new screen will load asking you to Restart. Do it.
- A new box will load click Powerwash.
- After that click Continue.
Your Chromebox device will restart and delete all the files.
METHOD 2: Powerwash using the Settings options
- Log into your device.
- Click your Account photo on the taskbar.
- Click the Settings gear icon.
- Scroll down until your reach the Advanced section. Click it.
- Find “Reset Settings” menu.
- Click Powerwash.
- Click Restart on the window that loads.
- A new box will load, click again Powerwash, then click Continue
Now your Chromebox will take care of the rest of the process automatically.
Remember that the first account you enter will become the owner profile. If you need more help completing this guide, then you can tell us in comments.