The ASUS Chromebox CN60 has been launched in 2014 and if you are looking to powerwash/ factory reset it, then this is the guide that you need to use.
The ASUS Chromebox CN60 is a great device if you’re looking mostly to browse the internet, manage your email, or doing basic computer stuff. Since this mini-computer was released a few years back, it might have already started to show some signs of bad performance, which is why you will need to perform a factory reset from time to time.
It would be best for you to backup all your data files before starting the factory reset. Also, you might want to take a look at the installed extensions, as some of those might have gone rogue. Make sure to disable each extension one by one, and see if this fixes your device.
You can backup your data to your Google Drive or you can choose to move all important files to an external storage, so that you won’t lose any important files during the factory reset.
How to Factory Reset ASUS Chromebox CN60:
METHOD 1: Powerwash using Shortcut keys
- Log out from Chromebook.
- Press and hold CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + R.
- Click the Restart option.
- A new screen will load and you have to click Powerwash.
- Click Continue to confirm process.
- Now wait for the Chromebox device to complete the whole process.
Please note that the first account you enter will become the Owner profile.
METHOD 2: Factory Reset using the Settings menu
- Log into your Chromebook device.
- Click the account picture on the taskbar.
- Now click on the Settings gear icon.
- Next, scroll down to the bottom of the Settings screen and click on Advanced.
- Find the “Reset Settings” menu.
- Click on Powerwash, and then click Restart.
- A new screen loads, click again on Powerwash.
- Hit the Continue button to confirm the factory reset.
These were all the instructions you had to go over in order to learn how to factory reset your device.
If the factory reset doesn’t fix your problems, then you might be forced to seek professional support to fix your device. Tell us in comments in case you have any other questions about this device.