This guide will teach you how to manually factory reset your Acer Chromebook R13. Note that the guide has to be applied by advanced users only, so you should stay away in case you’re new to the whole “powerwash” data thing.
The Factory Reset process will allow you to delete all the data from your laptop and repair any problems you might have encountered recently. It is highly recommended for you to factory reset the Chromebook R13 in case the ChromeOS has started to show the “reset this Chrome device” message, or in case it has started to crash randomly out of the blue.
Also, you should factory reset the device in case you wish to change the Owner account of your device.
If the laptop’s performance has started to drop, then you should try and disable installed extensions one by one and see if that fixes any of the problems encountered recently.
Before starting the “powerwash” process you should backup all the important data files. No file will survive the factory reset process, which means that all photos, music, videos and documents stored locally will be removed.
How to Factory Reset Acer Chromebook R13
1st METHOD: Powerwash Laptop using Shortcut Keys
- Log out of your Chromebook options.
- Press and hold CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + R
- Click Restart.
- A new menu loads click Powerwash, and then click Continue.
– the device will now be factory wiped and no data will survive the process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and sign-in to your Google Account.
– please note that the user profile you’re setting up now will become the OWNER account.
If the factory reset doesn’t fix any problems you might have experienced previously, then you should try and get a professional repair guy to take a look at your device, as that might be your last resort.
2nd METHOD: Factory Reset device suing Settings Menu:
- Log into your device’s home screen.
- Click the Account picture.
- Click Settings gear icon.
- Scroll down and open the Advanced Options menu.
- Scroll down a little bit more and find the Powerwash options. Click Restart.
- A new box will show up, click Powerwash. Click Continue.
These were the steps that you had to take in order to complete the factory reset. Note that when you log back into your device’s home screen, the account that you enter first will become the OWNER profile.
If you cannot complete the factory reset process, then you should tell us in comments below and we will try to come up with solutions for you to use.