Check the guidelines below and learn how to manually factory reset your Acer Chromebook R11.
The Factory Reset of the Acer Chromebook R11 laptop should be applied in case your device’s performance has dropped or in case you’re encountering crashes all of a sudden.
If the “reset this Chrome device” message is displayed by your Chromebook R11 out of the blue, you’re having issues when it comes to user profile settings, the device cannot be rebooted any more from the Settings menu.
Also, it is highly recommended for you to factory reset your device in case you wish to sell or gift the device to another person.
In case you’re unsure about wiping all the data from your laptop, then you can try some fixes and see if that gets rid of some of the problems you’ve encountered: try and disable all extensions one-by-one and see if that fixes it. Also, try to hard reset the device and see if that fixes it.
Before starting the factory reset you should create backups for all the important data files. Please note that after the device is wiped completely you cannot retrieve any data files. Also, apply the factory reset only if you are an advanced user.
How to Factory Reset Acer Chromebook R11:
1st METHOD: Wipe all data using Shortcut Keys
- Log out of your device’s homescreen.
- Press and hold CTRL+ ALT + SHIFT + R.
- Click RESTART.
- A new option will load clip POWERWASH. After that click Continue.
- Follow all the steps that are shown on the screen in order to sign in to your Google Account.
– please note that the new account you use to sign in will become the OWNER account.
After you’ve successfully wiped the device you will be asked to set up the Chromebook R11.
2nd METHOD: Factory Reset the device using Settings Menu:
- Log into your device.
- Click the Account picture shown on the Taskbar.
- Click the Settings gear icon.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Settings menu and find the “Powerwash” options. Click Powerwash, then click Restart.
- In the new box that shows up click again Powerwash, then click Continue.
After the process is done your device will reboot in normal mode.
- Use a Google account to regain control over your Acer Chromebook device.
– the account you’re using to login will become the OWNER profile.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the factory reset process. In case you need any extra help you can tell us in comments.