This tutorial will help you create and assign a Supervised User profile on your Chromebook device.
The Supervised profile can be monitored and you can track websites and all the data that is passed or accessed when logged on. This profile is a great tool for you to supervise your kids or you simply want to keep track of all the websites you access on your device.
Supervised user allows you create and change passwords as you wish for this account when logged on on the Admin/ Owner account. Only a single account can access a specific supervised user, which means that you won’t be able to access the Supervised user from other separate account.
First you will need to create the Supervised user account. Here’s how to do that:
- Log out of your Chromebook profile.
Now all the accounts should be visible.
- On the taskbar you will find four different things to click on: Shut Down, Browse as Guest, Add Person and a 3-dot icon. Click the 3-dot icon to unveil the “more options” menu.
- Select Add Supervised User.
A new window will load.
- Click “Ok, got it!” and continue to the next step.
- Locate the account you will use to control the Supervised User.
Click on your admin account, enter the password and then click Next.
- Set a name, password and the profile avatar.
- Click Next to confirm the creation of the supervised user.
Now your Chromebook will complete the rest of the process. Note that this will take a while before it completes the process.
How to monitor Supervised User:
After you’ve created the Supervised profile you will want to know how to manage it, add/ block websites from being accessed, or how to change the account password.
- Log into the Admin account that has access to the Supervised User.
- After that open Chrome, and go here. That’s the Supervised User Dashboard.
- Now you will see the supervised user list.
Click the Supervised profile you wish to manage.
- From the new opened menu you will be able to block or add websites, you can change the password, you can turn SafeSearch on / off, and more.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the tutorial. If you need more help you can tell us in comments below.