If you were searching for a way to control your Android phone or tablet via a Chromebook device, now there’s an app that will allow you to do so. You can control apps, mirror the screen and all of these using the Chromebook keyboard. The new app is called Vysor and for now it’s in a beta version.
Being an app that comes with full keyboard shorcuts, Vysor allows users to take complete control over their Android devices.
Considering that the new app is already in beta tests, it is also available for a restricted number of users to try. For a regular user, the app does almost everything he might need. But you won’t be able to play games, you can try but the frame rates will soon talk you out of it.
How To Do the Setup
This setup is easy and won’t tale long. Don’t worry if you don’t have developer mode installed on the Chromebook, because you won’t need it. And you won’t need to root your Android device neither.
- First of all, you have to enable “Developer Options” on you Android device. You can do so by going to Settings, About phone and tapping the “Build number” a couple of times. In “Developer Options” enable “USB debugging” option.
- Now go to Developer Options and from here, enable the option “USB debugging”.
- Next thing on the list: connect the Android device to the Chromebook using USB connection.
- After the connection has been established, go ahead and start the Vysor app on your Chromebook. In the app you will see the Android device and while you’re there, select it.
- And that’s all folks! Now you can see the android screen of your device on your desktop’s Chromebook.
How to use Remote Control
On the app’s official website, you can find Vysor Share which is described as a program that helps you share your screen and ADB access to remote devices, across a room or across the globe if necessary.
We find that the sharing part is the most important, because people have been looking for ways to debug or test apps on remote devices for quite a while now.
Now that you know all these, go ahead and try the Vysor Share app.