In case you were wondering, yes you can rename Chromecast as many times as you want and we are here as always for you to teach you how to do it. The first time you have to name your Chromecast is while making the initial setup, but that doesn’t mean you have to stick with it forever; especially when the name of your Chromecast is the pet name of your ex-girlfriend. So, thank Google for being able to change it as many times as you like. The fun part is that the new name can have up to 24 characters long.
But perhaps, this time, you will be more inspired in choosing the name of your Chromecast device into anything that wouldn’t embarrass you and put you in a socially awkward situation. So here is the easiest way to change your Chromecast’s name.
How To Rename ChromeCast
First of all, you should know that you can easily change your device’s name using a tablet or a smartphone. This is how you can rename Chromecase using an Android phone:
- Turn on your Chromecast device. You will only be able to make the change if your Chromecast is on and able to be connected to other devices; if you want to see the feedback on your TV, you can also open that, but it’s not mandatory
- Make sure your Android phone is connected to the same wireless network as the Chromecast and then open the Chromecast app on your smartphone. If you don’t have it yet, go ahead and install it.
- Once the app is running, the first thing it will do is to search for available Chromecast devices in the area. Once the scan is over, you will see your Chromecast device shown in a list with the description Ready to use;
- Now connect your phone to the Chromecast. All you have to do is to tap on the name of the device you want to pair with and the connection will be established.
- After the pairing is enabled, you will be redirected towards a page that makes you able to manage your Chromecast device, including changing its name.
- Tap on the current name of your Chromecast and a new pop-up box will appear, allowing you to erase the name and add a new one;
- Keep in mind that you should only use 24 characters long names. Tap OK once you have entered the new name and save the changes.
And this is it. The new name of your Chromecast should already appear on the screen of your smartphone -when you return to the main page of the Chromecast app (or on your TV if you opened it after all).
We hope that now you can rename your Chromecast without our help. If you need any further assistance, leave us a comment and we will make an update in the article.