The neat pictures you see on your TV when your Chromecast device is in an idle state, are pulled from Google’s worldwide servers. And along with those pictures, you can also see the time and date. And, if you want to know how to change your Chromecast’s hour format or to update the time zone, below you can find an easy guide on how to make these changes.
We will guide you through changing the Chromecast time zone and time format, using the Chromecast app on your Android phone.
Step 1: Turn on the Chromecast device and the TV
- If the setup is correct, you should be able to see on your TV the usual Chromecast screen, the time and the Wi-Fi network ID it is connected to;
- If you don’t see the above and there are any errors showing on your TV screen, go through the setup of your Chromecast device again.
Step 2: Install the Chromecast App on Your Android Phone
- If you don’t have the Chromecast app installed on your Android device, go to the Play Store and install the app.
- Just a couple more clicks to approve the installation and then you will see the Open button appear;
- Click on it to install the app.
Step 3: Open the Chromecast app on your Android Phone
- The Chromecast app should now appear on the apps drawer, so open it and find the app;
- Tap on the app and open it;
- If it’s the first time you’re running it, you will have to accept the privacy terms of using the app;
- When the app opens, it will start searching for Chromecast devices using the same Wi-Fi;
Step 4: Connecting with the Chromecast device
- As soon as the Chromecast device appears on your screen, tap on it to access its settings.
Step 5: How to change Chromecast’s time format
- Go to the information page and tap on the option Time format;
- Choose the type of format you want to show on your screen: 12/24 hour;
- You can check what hour it is in the 24-hour format by checking with AM/PM in the 12-hour format;
- Now the new time format should already be updated on your TV screen as well.
How to change the Chromecast’s time zone
If you think that the time zone information the Chromecast got from your router during the initial setup is incorrect, you can also change it by using the Chromecast app.
Go to the info page and tap on the time zone option, then select the correct information.
Now you should be able to see the new time zone on your TV. We don’t have to tell you that there are a few more settings you can do using the Chromecast app, so while you’re there, take a tour and make any other setups you need.