Being able to reply to your text messages from your Chromebook can be pretty cool. You won’t have to stray from your device anymore to get your phone from whichever corner of the house you’ve left it. By using an app called Pushbullet, you’ll be able to type your messages from your comfortable keyboard. The steps to setting up Pushbullet are easy and besides, the app is free. Here’s how to install it and use it.
How To Install Pushbullet On Your Smartphone or Iphone
- Go to the app store or play store, look for the app and download it.
- The installation will take a minute or so and when it’s done open it.
- You will be asked to sign in with your Facebook or Google account.
- Accept the permission request and that’s it.
How To Install Pushbullet On Your Chromebook
- Go to the Chrome Store and download the Pushbullet version for Chromebook.
- Click on the option Add to Chrome and hit Add again when asked for confirmation.
- Next, you’ll have to create an account to use on the devices you want to share information with.
- You can authenticate yourself through your Facebook or Google account, and you can sign in with the same account on the other devices as well.
Now, that you have installed the app, we’ll walk you through the setup and how it works.
To get started, just click on the Pushbullet icon in your browser and select SMS; here, your mobile phone will appear like the sender and if you click on the To field, you will be able to see your contacts list to select a sender. The sent message will also be displayed on your phone and in the Google Hangouts app.
When you’ll receive a text message on your phone, in just a couple of seconds, the Pushbullet app will send a pop-up notification on the browser and you’ll be able to click on Reply or on Dismiss. Now type your message and hit Enter to send.
Another cool thing is that you can use the Push section on the app to send files from your Chromebook to one of the devices you have Pushbullet installed on.
To find the best way to use it, experiment with it and see what features suit better to your workflow.
Enjoy and let us know what you think!