You spend a lot of time on the desktop of your machine. Better make that your Chromebook wallpaper something worth looking at. Like Windows and Apple laptops, Chromebooks include plenty of wallpaper options for your aesthetic pleasure, including beautiful landscape shots, architectural landmarks and photogenic animals. You can also set your own pictures to be the wallpaper. Whichever option you want, here’s how you can switch out that old backdrop for something a little more novel.
If you’re used to personalising your working space, you definitely can’t wait to make the desktop of your Chromebook get a bit of your style. Just like Macs and Window computers, Chromebooks also bring their own set of wallpapers that could suit your taste, such as pictures of cute animals, architectural sites or landscapes. And of course, you can also set any other image from your files to show on the desktop.
Here are the steps needed in order to change the wallpaper of your Chromebook.
Step 1 – Setting a default picture to be your Chromebook wallpaper
- Go the bottom right corner of the screen and click on the account icon;
- Select the Settings Menu
- Under the Appearance settings, you’ll see the Set Wallpaper button – click on it;
- Now you can choose one of the default pictures and set it as a wallpaper.
Step 2 – Setting one of your own pictures to be your Chromebook wallpaper
- In the same menu where the default sets of pictures are, click on Custom;
- Click on Choose file…;
- Browse and select the picture you want to set as wallpaper;
- Hit Open, and edit the photo if you want to – you have a few options such as crop, center, stretch;
- Close the settings window.
And that’s it! Enjoy the looks of your new wallpaper!